Saturday, January 28

#52ListsProject Winter- List Two
10:16 PM

#52ListsProject Winter- List Two

 
Yay, consistantcy!







The List:


-Jane Eyre
-Severus Snape
-Reeve Shields
-Yokimo Reedman
-Leslie Knope
-Alaska Young
-Hermione Granger
-Kathy (The Last Five Years)
-Elphaba (Book, not musical)


As I typed this out, copying from the book that I wrote them down in, I only then realized why I love these characters as much as I do: They all want the best for the people around them.

That’s all I ever want out of anyone around me. I love being people’s personal cheerleader even though I don’t have the confidence of self-worth for myself. Unfortunately it borderlines on people pleasing, but if they are happy then you can be happy. That’s how I think about it.

I feel like that’s why I attached myself to Jane Eyre especially so hard when I was young. She was tortured for so long and then when she fell in love with the children she was a governess for it was all for wanting them to do their best. Then as, what I like to say, a reward he came to love her because of her compassion and her wanting him to live his happiest self, made it a deep romantic sweet kind of love. 

Then again, if you look at all of them aside from Leslie Knope and Hermione Granger, their stories do not end well. Maybe that’s a huge red flag of a metaphor that wanting the best for everyone and everything sometimes comes at a bigger cost than say just a few battles, like Hermione (Though I could go on a longer tangent how though her story ends seeming well, I have not read “The Cursed Child”, but could make arguments on how that’s not so solely based on the original seven books.).

That may be, but I love the crap out of these character more than I do my own family sometimes. I think the thing to take away from this realization is to make sure that there is a balance and realize that you can’t make everyone happy, but you can do the best you can with what you are given.